Sometimes I really wish life had a replay button! Yesterday would definitely be on my replay list. It was simply a great day.
Why? Well I’ll break it down for you in a handy not-so-little list:
- Morning: Started off as usual with the sweet beckoning of the little one followed by squeals of joy and jumping up and down when she spotted me coming into her room. This, of course, was followed by the tight squeeze and the slobbery kiss. Man what a way to start the morning! I have never been a morning person; rather, I prefer to sleep until lunch. With a 17 month old the chances of me sleeping until lunch are about as good as a one legged frog getting out of a snake pit. But, now I have the sweetest alarm clock – one that makes me smile instead of cringe! She is such a loving, happy baby…especially first thing in the morning.
|My Tiny One's Owl|
- Nap: My tiny one took a nice, long nap. I was able to get some things done…I can’t really think of a mama who wouldn’t love to have a replay button for long naps.
- Post Nap Cleaning: In case you are unaware, my tiny one has a REAL love for all things that are clean. Somehow, the messiest mama in the universe has created a germaphobe. She loves to vacuum (as evidenced by her repeatedly yelling “VAC…VAC….VAC” until someone picks her up and holds her while they vacuum), she cannot stand it if her hands get sticky, slimy, dirty, or in any way unclean, and if you give her a napkin she will use it to wipe off everything in sight (from her sippy cup to the dog’s head). On this occasion the first words out of her mouth when she woke up were “VAC.” Perhaps she dreamed about vacuuming…I’m not sure, but she was adamant that we vacuumed. So, of course we did and she was happier than a dog with two tails!
- Post Nap Playtime: As I was winding up the cord from the vacuum my tiny one came be-bopping past me with a Belk shopping bag on her shoulder but still dragging the ground and said, “Bye Mommy!” I responded with, “Bye! Love you! Be careful! Got your keys?” She stopped mid-step and looked at me very concerned and yelled, “MONEY!” Then she promptly dropped the bag and ran to her daddy’s spare change jar to get some money. I just watched her in awe thinking “man we are going to be in trouble when she turns 16!”
|Blackberries! Yummy...or not!|
- Nana and Poppy: We ended our day with the usual trip to my parent’s house to feed Freckles (a 3 month old calf who is very spoiled and still being bottle fed). Of course we visit with Nana and Poppy first, and then it’s time to ride the 4-wheeler down in the pasture to find Freckles. My tiny one absolutely adores all animals, and she has a special affinity for cows. Luckily my parents have lots of spoiled and petted cows. This means my tiny one can hand feed them and pet them until her little heart is content. Translated: My tiny one can hand feed and pet the cows until it is too dark to see, and then she still doesn’t want to go home.
|♥ Freckles ♥|
|♥ Poppy ♥|
|♥ Nana ♥|
|Mommy showing how she's got my heart "like this!"|